Location London, UK
Duration 12 months + (Long Term)
Start Date ASAP
Rate £400 – £450/Day
Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Our infrastructure support team based in West London is looking for a highly skilled Wintel Engineer to join us for a new project starting next week. You will be working in a high functioning infrastructure team, configuring and deploying H/W and S/W in DCs/Client locations. Due to nature and urgency of this requirement, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in past are most welcome to apply. This opportunity is fully office based, due to nature of work remote and hybrid working will not be applicable. Frequent travel will be required to client premises within London M25 boundary.
This is an initial 3-month contract (Outside IR35), will lead to a 9-12 months.
- A minimum 3 years commercial experience working as a Wintel Engineer.
- Preferably with at least 5 years in Windows/VMW are administration/engineering experience
- Exceptional experience and knowledge with Microsoft Windows Server (2012, 2016 & 2019) – including server core
- Microsoft Desktop experience and knowledge in hardware and software build and installations
- Experience in Designing, developing, b uild and deploying of technologies on Windows Platforms
- Server hardware b uild installation and configuration from different vendors. (HPE, Dell, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in configuration and management of virtualisation using VMware or Hyper-V
- Excellent knowledge on installation, configuration and management of backup solutions (eg Veeam)
- Knowledge in Authentication Me thods (Microsoft DNS, AD)
- Experience in Implementation and configuration of NAS, RAID, Disk Enclosures/Array storage tec hnologies
- A good level of technical knowledge in areas related to operating systems and its related features.
- Good understanding of n etwork environments (VLAN tagging, trunking, Switching, etc.)
- Experience in configuration of Cisco Switches
- Experience in Hardware unboxing, racking, stacking and in-rack data/power cabling
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on both client and company.
- Ability to adjust personal style to different situations.
- Able to work under pressure and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities.
- Able to find innovative ways to solve problems.
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation experience.
- Must be a team player and have very good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent communication to both technical and non-technical parties.
- On occasions, there may be a requirement to work extended hours.
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure operational environment running mission critical applications.
To apply for this role go to http://www.jobserve.com/SyJP2